Homemade Ice Cream Without Machine
Posted by The Gourmet Box on
Mint Chocolate Chip Homemade Ice Cream
Desserts are the glamorous bit of the kitchen world - they are always so pretty, colorful, glamorous and they never smell bad (even if they are burnt). Staring at beautiful pictures of desserts on Pinterest is literally my favorite pastime. But I have never tried my hand at it because I always felt like they are all so technical and you need so many equipments and mine would never look half as good as what they look in the pictures.
But then again life is all about new experiences right? After months of contemplation and self-doubt, I started thinking that, that there has to be an easier way of making those delicious deserts at home without the fancy schmancy baking tools and equipments. So I started researching videos and recipes of such dessert recipes.
During my research, I found amazing videos of home-made no machine ice creams, microwaveable mug cakes, no-bake cheesecakes, and what not. All of them look so super delicious and super easy to make at home. All you need is a whisk (if you don't have a hand mixer), a spatula and a bowl - none of those fancy ovens and blenders.
I will be posting a lot of these super simple recipes, which I have collected of easy to make dessert recipes from now on and of course try to make them myself.
First of the lot - Mint Chocolate Chip Homemade Ice Cream Without Machine - yes you read that right.
This recipe is interesting because it gives a separate recipe for the ice cream base and the topping. You can make some extra ice cream base and freeze it. As far as toppings are concerned you can keep making them of your choice and whisk it with the ice cream base when you feel like eating.
Ice Cream Base
- 2 cups (450 ml) cold whipping cream, all-purpose cream, heavy cream
- 400 ml cold sweetened condensed milk (fat-free or regular)
- Place sweetened condensed milk in the fridge to keep cold
- Beat cold heavy cream with a whisk (or on medium using a hand mixer) until stiff peaks form.
- Pour the condensed milk into the whipped cream and stir in vanilla extract now if desired.
- Start whisking again (turn the speed back up high again) until the mixture is thick and stiff peaks.
- Now you have your ice cream base you can add in your desired flavors and fixing once it is nice and thick.
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- 2 cups (450 ml) Ice cream base
- 2 large bunches of mint (or a drop of peppermint flavor)
- 1 cup (225 gm) Chopped Chocolate
- A tiny, tiny drop of Green food coloring if desired
- Chop up the fresh mint by hand or in a food processor until it is in small pieces.
- Combine the chopped mint with the chocolate and fold them all together gently in the ice cream base. Taste for desired flavor. Freeze in an airtight container for 6-8 hours before serving.
You can get creative and add whichever flavor you prefer. It can be any fruit puree, Nutella, sprinkles, food flavoring, cookie dough, anything you desire.
So go crazy and experiment with your choice of flavor and let us know your experience in the comments section below.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Recipes We Love