This Valentines Day surprise your partner the gift of good food. To make it extra special we found all 3 recipes using Strawberries - the most widely known aprodisiac of the season.
Quick fact about Strawberries - Strawberries are one of the most widely known aphrodisiacs. The history of the strawberry dates back to Ancient Rome where the fruit was considered the symbol of Venus, the goddess of love, because of its bright red color and enticing taste.
We have listed our favorite 3 course dinner recipes that are delicious and super easy to make as a Valentines Day gift for your loved on:
Course 1: Strawberry Spinach Salad
For the Salad
- 1/2 small red onion very thinly sliced
- Handful of fresh baby spinach. (You can also add arugula leaves)
- Strawberries cut into half (about 10-12)
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese/Goats Cheese
For the Dressing
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt & pepper
- For the dressing: Mix all the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl with a whisk until well combined.
Assemble the salad: Place the spinach in a great big serving bowl. Add the strawberries and the onions. Drizzle about half of the dressing over the salad and toss to coat the leaves. Add a little more if needed to suit your preferences. Add the feta / goats cheese. Toss lightly to combine. Serve immediately, with extra dressing on the side as desired.
Course 2: Strawberry Bruschetta Grilled Cheese*
- 8 thinly sliced pieces of sourdough baguette
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup of strawberries chopped
- Thinly sliced basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- Salt and pepper
- Your favorite cheese
Add the chopped strawberries to a bowl, sprinkle with the basil leaves and dress with the extra virgin olive and balsamic vinegar. Mix gently then top with lemon zest and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Let it marinate for sometime.
- Apply butter on one side of all the sourdough slices.
- Put your favorite cheese on the unbuttered side and spoon a generous amount of the strawberry mixture on 4 pieces of the cheese topped bread.
- Cover up the sandwich with the remaining slices of bread and place it in a nonstick fry pan over medium-heat.
- Cover with lid and let cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden.
- Reduce heat to medium and flip sandwich to the other side and cook for 2-3 minutes or until bread is toasty golden and the cheese has melted.
- Thats it! Enjoy the Strawberry Bruschetta Grilled Cheese with your loved one on Valentines Day.
Course Three: Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
- Your Favorite type of chocolate to melt
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave till it becomes a little liquidy.
- Dip the strawberries halfway into the chocolate.
- Remove the chocolate dipped strawberries and line them on a tray with baking sheet and stick them in the fridge for a couple of hours till the chocolate hardens.
- Thats all you need for a delicious and romantic dessert on your very special evening.
There is no better way to make your loved ones feel special than making them a delicious meal. This is the best Valentines Day gift you could your partner if you ask us.
We hope you enjoy making and eat this three course meal. Let us know in the comments below how you celebrated Valentines Day this year.
*Recipe and Image Source: Credit to the source website, https://www.foodiecrush.com/
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: COVID date ideas, Date night ideas, Gift for women, Recipes We Love, Valentines Day, Valentines day gift ideas