Recently we got a new product in our store called Mole Paste by Sprig. I had heard of this Mexican sauce which uses the classic combination of chocolates and chilies, but I never got a chance to try it.
So I decided to take one home and experiment with it. I found this amazing recipe for Veggie Enchiladas with Mole Sauce.
In the original recipe, Mole sauce was made from scratch. But with Sprig's Mole Paste, my life just got way easier. All you need to do is add water/stock to the paste and Voila you have a delish Mole Sauce.
- 10 corn tortilla shells
- 3/4 lb (about 2 cups) Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- chopped onions
- sliced mushrooms
- sliced carrots
- sliced zucchini and yellow squash
- chopped red, yellow or orange pepper
- cooked or canned black beans
- fresh or frozen corn kernels
- sliced black or green olives
- Mole Sauce
- Heat olive oil in large skillet.
- Sauté the onions until they start to become transparent then add the mushrooms.
- Cook until mushrooms are soft then add your carrots and cook for about one minute.
- Add your zucchini, yellow squash and red pepper then cook another minute until all vegetables are slightly soft but not over cooked.
- Mix in your black beans, corn and olives.
- Cool and mix in the fresh cilantro.
- With just a bit of olive oil in skillet on medium heat, heat 10 tortillas on both sides so they are pliable and slightly toasted.
- Spread 1/3 cup of the mole sauce onto the bottom of the 8x12 inch baking dish.
- Place tortilla onto a plate, add a strip of vegetable mix in center and top with cheese.
- Roll the tortilla and place flap side down into the baking dish.
- Repeat this process until your dish is filled two rows of enchiladas.
- Spread 1/3 cup of mole sauce over the top of your enchiladas in the dish and sprinkle with additional cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- After the enchiladas are topped with cheese, cover with foil and bake 20 minutes or 30 minutes if chilled.
- Remove foil and bake another 10 minutes until sauce bubbles.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes to settle.
- Top it off with sour cream and some fresh guacamole (optional)
Sounds so delish guys that I am going to make this one as soon a I post this recipe. Try this at home and let me know your experience with it in the comments section below.
Image & Recipe: Credit to Source website