How to set up a perfect Hot Chocolate Bar for your Holiday Party!
Posted by dhruv shah on
This year for your Holiday party set up a super cute and festive Hot Chocolate Bar for your guests. Hot Chocolate is always a good idea and setting up a corner for it with all the delicious toppings for it adds to your decor and sets a cozy mood without taking much effort. It is a big hit amongst kids and adults.
How to set up a perfect Hot Chocolate Bar?
Step 1: Things you will need
You will need Mugs, Mason jars, Hot Chocolate, Hot Chocolate toppings, and straws.
Step 2: Set up
There are a few ways to set up the Hot Chocolate bar. You can choose where and how big you'd like to go with it.
- Tray: You can choose to set it up in a tray on the table with the appetizers or on the actual bar with other drinks
- Bar Cart: You can set it up an entire bar cart if you think your guests would love some hot cocoa. Add in a bit of christmas decor to make it look festive.
- Cake Stand: Bring out the cake stand and arrange the mugs on one of the tiers and the toppings in the other
Step 3: Hot Chocolate
Make the Hot Chocolate before the party and keep it in a thermos so that it stays warm. You can make it from scratch if you have a great recipe for it.
You can even take the easy way out and serve Hot Chocolate mix. Make sure to hot Milk or water with it. This way your guests can choose to make it the way they like it.
Step 4: Toppings
Serve the toppings in cute Mason Jars or Bowls. Make sure to add tiny spoons or scoops to them so that your guests can add the toppings of their choice to their cuppas.
What toppings to add to your customizable hot chocolate bar?
Here are some of our suggestions:
- Marshmallows or mini marshmallows
- Toffee bits
- Coarse sea salt
- Mini chocolate chips - white, dark or milk (there is nothing like "there is too much chocolate")
- Crushed peppermints or candy canes
- Cinnamon sticks
- Pirouette cookies / Chocolate Wafer Cookies
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate syrup
- Caramel sauce
- Chilli Powder (if you like giving your Hot Chocolate a Mexican twist)
- Mini Cookies - peanut butter, chocolate chip, double chocolate, etc.
- Sprinkles - rainbow, chocolate, take your pick
- Chocolate Truffles
- Toasted Coconut Shavings
- Fresh or dried Orange Peel
- Nuts like Almonds or Hazelnuts
- Instant Coffee Powder
Step 5: Cute Sign
For the last and final step - add a cute sign. Every Hot Chocolate bar needs a cute sign. You can use a letter board, chalk board or even find a nice print online and add it to a photo frame just for the night. Be creative for this one.
Thats it! You are done! 5 simple steps and you have a sure shot party hit which your guests will remember for days to come.If you know someone who is obsessed with Hot Chocolate, we have the perfect Christmas Gift option for them. Check out our A Cozy Night in Gift hamper which has everything to make a perfect mug of hot chocolate for the holidays.