Breakfast is the most important meal of the day!! And can there be a better way to start your day than a plate full of soft and fully pancakes with your favorite toppings.
Making pancakes is super easy. But I don't like that eggy taste in them so I decided to make some eggless pancakes. Surprisingly they were as soft and delicious as they would taste with egg in them. Here is a recipe of:
Eggless Banana Pancakes:
Makes 4-5 pancakes
- 1 cup flour (i used wholewheat flour)
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 3 tsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Buttermilk
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 overripe banana
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Heat up your griddle on medium flame.
- In a mixing bowl mash the banana with the fork and keep aside. In a separate bowl add your flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt. Mix together.
- Add milk, buttermilk, vanilla, and mashed banana. Mix in well. Add melted butter and continue to mix together. Add more buttermilk in case the batter is too thick.
- Transfer your batter to a pouring cup, it will be easier to pour on your griddle.
- Now add a little non-stick spray or spread some butter to your hot griddle and pour your batter.
- Flip your pancakes when you start to see bubbles in your batter. About 2 minutes on medium heat. Cook on the other side for another 2 min or until brown.
You can also add chocolate chips to the batter if you wish. When I tried this recipe at home I dint have bananas so I added chocolate chips to the batter and it tasted phenomenal.
Drizzle some maple syrup or honey on your pancakes. You can also add some fresh fruit like berries, banana, etc. Whipped cream also works very well with pancakes.
Recently we introduced a bunch of freshly made gourmet products on our website. One of the products that caught my attention, in particular, was Strawberry Butter by Baker's Dozen. I took a bottle of it home and spread it on some bread - It tasted amazing. I also researched on where else can I use this strawberry butter. That's when I discovered that it goes really well with pancakes. I am going to make another batch of pancakes this weekend and gorge on em with some super delish Strawberry Butter.
I suggest you get yourself one too cause I am salivating just writing this post and thinking of my weekend breakfast indulgence - SLURPP!!
Image and info: credit to source websites