Cabbage Wraps with Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce
Posted by The Gourmet Box on
- 1 extra-large cabbage
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 2 large carrots
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 1 package extra-firm tofu
- 1 bunch of cilantro/coriander
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes- adjust to heat preference!
- coconut oil
- Thoroughly coat grill pan in coconut oil.
- Drain tofu, slice in half and press with a cloth until dry, squeezing out as much moisture as possible.
- Grill tofu 5 minutes on each side or until crispy. Remove from heat and slice into strips.
- To create the peanut dipping sauce - combine peanut butter, sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic, juice of 1 lime, honey, red pepper flakes & Mix well.
- Add water to achieve desired consistency and add salt to taste.
- To prepare vegetables use a julienne peeler, creating vegetable noodles out of carrots and cucumbers.
- De-seed and cut bell pepper into match sticks. Wash and chop cilantro. Rinse and dry cabbage leaves cutting off the majority of white stalk.
- Layer tofu, bell pepper, carrots, cilantro and cucumber in cabbage leaves and roll up! Use peanut sauce or toothpicks to secure leaves if necessary.
Image: A House in the Hills
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Recipes We Love